Monday, October 25, 2010

Changing Golf Swings

Looking back, I modified my golf swing so many times but the changes sometimes brought me back to some of my previous swings. Just recently, I successfully tried a Tiger Woods golf swing (please refer to the Tiger Woods Golf Swing Video below) but in the process of perfecting it, I came upon a similar method which I have already used before. Armed with better knowledge, I will try to use that kind of swing (again).

This method does not actively use the arms in the golf swing but instead, it relies upon the hip turn to swing the golf club forward. The result is a near perfect circular swing that gives both great distance and accuracy to the drive. What made me think of reconsidering this swing is the minimal body movement required. In this sgolf wing, there is very little knee movement and almost no use of the arms. The only driving force is the hip turn which should be easy to memorize. Please check out the next video (below).

I noticed that whenever I skip a few days in the range, my muscle memory becomes unreliable and tends to make me do a few extra moves which greatly decrease both the accuracy and distance of my golf drives Therefore, using a golf swing that requires little body movement seems like a very good idea as far as my physique is concerned.

I will try to use this swing method in the driving range today and let’s see what will happen. 

To end this post, the best golf advice that I have received came from two excellent golfers. The first is my golf buddy who preaches that;
“Different people have different body types and what is a comfortable to one individual might not be much of a fit to another”. 
He therefore, tells his friends to find their own natural swings and polish it in a manner that is comfortable to them. The other advice came from the great Tiger Woods who similarly said…..

I will write about this golf tip in a few other articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ABOUT

My photo
Always dreaming of being able to play like a PGA Pro. Writing about golf and life,one swing at a time. Cheers!