Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Using Led Weights To Cure The Golf Slice

Going to the golf courses or driving ranges with friends enable me to enhance my knowledge of golf equipments and proper swings. For instance, I seem to be having trouble using my new driver and with the help of a friend, I realized what was wrong with. I the driver quite effectively during its first 2 weeks but all of a sudden, I started experiencing the golf slice. In rare moments of self analysis, I started to suspect that my club head is too lightweight for my fast swings. I therefore need to swing using only 70% of my normal speed to be able to get it straight and evade the golf slice. The problem with this is consistency. Whenever I get tired, my body finds it hard remembering how fast or slow my swing should be.

Yesterday, I went to the driving range with a friend. The guy had a built and swing speed similar to mine and therefore, we can each others golf clubs. A full speed ,my drives were slicing as usual when I thought of using his driver. My drives became all of a sudden consistently straight and not even one sliced. When I moved back to my current driver, I immediately felt that the club head is way lighter and once again, I experienced the slice. 

That's when somebody suggested that I use lead weights? With nothing to lose, I am trying a Pro’s suggestion to use lead weights. Since my balls hook to the right, I installed lead weights on the heel of my club head. I am told that it will not completely cure my problem but it will help. Of course, I will have to experiment on the amount of lead weight that I will use. I should be careful not to put too much or too little.

Let’s see what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ABOUT

My photo
Always dreaming of being able to play like a PGA Pro. Writing about golf and life,one swing at a time. Cheers!